October 31, 2014
• Shea Serrano at Grantland paid tribute to my beloved Mase and it's basically perfect.
• Rapid City, South Dakota native Becky Hammon is now the first female full-time coach in NBA history and Howard Beck wrote an excellent article about her life.
• Pitches of 97 miles per hour or faster this season: Royals 2,287, Twins 1.
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode we discussed all the reasons why there was never any chance of Maddon coming to the Twins and learned valuable lessons about parenting.
"Sure, a real man who lives in the St. Cloud area would change his own oil."
• Too little, too late. I've moved on, BlackBerry. And everyone else has, too.
• Well, except for Kim Kardashian apparently.
• Torii Hunter cemented his status as baseball's most beloved homophobe.
• As a big fan of "would you rather?" this Katie Notopoulos survey amused me greatly.
• Sometimes when you "deep Google" someone there's no turning back.
• In honor of Timberwolves season starting, here's a picture of 13-year-old me wearing a blunt hat and posing with rookie-year Stephon Marbury.
• Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders has tweeted only three times in the past eight months and they're all amazing.
• If someone claims Alex Gordon would have scored from third base to tie Game 7 of the World Series, please show them this:
Would have been a helluva way for the season to end, though.
• Parker Hageman and Dan Anderson of the "No Juice" podcast had Twins president Dave St. Peter as their guest this week.
• City Pages had big shoes to fill, but they found a good blogging replacement for Aaron Rupar in Ben Johnson, who once did a nice job writing this about me for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
• There's a new restaurant coming to Lake Street called Prairie Dogs, which will have hot dogs, "handcrafted" sausages, and local beer. I suspect I may be there a lot.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Nick Blackburn was a top prospect"
- "Scott Erickson and Inga Hammond"
- "Is Sid Hartman Jewish?"
- "Lonnie Smith running over catcher"
- "What is throwing shade?"
- "Jon Taffer hair plugs"
- "Ben Revere bulge"
This week's content is sponsored by Harry's Razors. Go to Harrys.com and enter in the promo code "Gleeman" to receive $5 off your first order.