Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included how thin the ice is for Ron Gardenhire and maybe even Terry Ryan, trading Kendrys Morales to Seattle, other potential trades before the July 31 deadline, John Bonnes' rap knowledge, Chuck Knoblauch, Kirby Puckett, and the Twins' Hall of Fame, the August 23 pub crawl, broken clocks being right, cutting Matt Guerrier, and the beauty of mini donuts.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included the All-Star experience, the Twins making it clear they should be sellers at the trade deadline, what to do with Kurt Suzuki, my illnesses, John Bonnes' dancing, paying to get rid of Ricky Nolasco, details on the August pub crawl, why Danny Santana is rushed but young pitchers aren't, ex-girlfriends in the wild, Josh Willingham falling apart, and dwindling television ratings.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included dominating the White Sox, Yohan Pino's impressive debut, Aaron Hicks going back to switch-hitting, Kyle Gibson's mind-changing run, Joe Mauer showing signs of life, Oswaldo Arcia swinging "too hard" for Ron Gardenhire's taste, Tony Gwynn's lasting legacy, Kennys Vargas' upside, and how to have fun and injure yourself at a 25-year reunion.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Sam Deduno being on thin ice, pitching prospects Alex Meyer and Trevor May being almost ready, the Twins sending mixed messages about now vs. later, Josmil Pinto's demotion, weird phobias, Trevor Plouffe and Aaron Hicks getting hurt, the end of the line with Jason Kubel, Vance Worley rising from the ashes in Pittsburgh, and how to become a cat person in one week.
• Related note: My mentor Dana Wessel is a huge soccer fan--to the point of madness, really--so you should follow him on Twitter during the World Cup. (And also just because he's very funny.)
• Congratulations to my cousin and Hopkins high school pitcher/infielder Josh Gallop for being named to the Academic All-State baseball team. He's also easily the least annoying person in my immediate family, although the competition there is admittedly far less steep.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Kevin Slowey engaged"
- "Curtis Granderson boxers or briefs?"
- "Joe Mauer batting average"
- "Drug known as Kubel"
- "What did Aaron Gleeman die from?"
- "What happened to Scott Erickson?"
- "Bobby Womack baseball"
- "What did the Twins get Derek Jeter?"
- "Drew Butera personal catcher"
- "Anna Kendrick socks"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Beautiful" by Miguel and Mariah Carey: