Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included returning to podcast-only mode at Mason's Barre after another season on the radio, breaking down the September call-ups, whether the Twins "get it" or not, the bullpen implosion, brand surveys and Keith Olbermann, comparing the Twins to the United States Postal Service, how much to believe in Eduardo Escobar, and the life of a parent with special guest David Brauer.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Terry Ryan all but saying Ron Gardenhire will be back in 2015, broadcasting live from the Twins Daily light rail pub crawl with various special guests, and discussing things we want to see in September including Joe Mauer, Danny Santana, Aaron Hicks, Phil Hughes, Brian Dozier, Ricky Nolasco, Kyle Gibson, Alex Meyer, Trevor May, and Josmil Pinto.
• I move from Hopkins to Uptown and now Hopkins is a "hipster haven"? Puh-leeze.
• My uncle and cousin were again the subjects of a lengthy article in the Minnetonka Sun Sailor, which may have simply decided to cover stuff that's sure to be linked here at this point.
• I don't really have any interest in seeing the new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie, but I did enjoy this pug-starring remake:
Great special effects.
• Next month Target Field is hosting a "Light the Night Walk" charity event to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you're interested in making a donation, consider sponsoring my friends on Team Minnie Mouse.
• Phil Hanleywas a good guest on what remains my favorite podcast, "Stop Podcasting Yourself" with Graham Clark and Dave Shumka.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Kevin Correia's long-awaited departure, Trevor May's shaky arrival, upside vs. known quantities, Joe Mauer's impending return, Francisco Liriano and Vance Worley thriving together, playing Danny Santana at shortstop, the good and bad of Twitter, penthouse plans, and car-buying 101.