This week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode was recorded at HammerHeart Brewing Company and topics included Jason Kubel's return to Minnesota, the insanity of a two-year offer to Mike Pelfrey, the challenges and rewards of starting a brewery, losing Liam Hendriks on waivers, a sold out Meltdown event, the bizarre roster decisions the Twins will face on Opening Day, Ron Coomer's new job, joining Stitcher, and the joys of having someone bring you beer.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included missing out on A.J. Pierzynski and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Liam Hendriks being dropped from the roster, Justin Morneau going to Colorado, Joe Nathan going to Detroit, announcing the next Twins Daily event, what to make of Robinson Cano's contract, saying "I love you" to a waitress, mailbag questions from listeners, podcast reviews from beautiful women, and eating giant ice cream cakes at a bar.
One thing we missed out on was that Justin Bieber wanted to rep BlackBerry. He said, "Give me $200,000 and 20 devices, and I'm your brand ambassador," basically. And we pitched that to marketing: Here's a Canadian kid, he grew up here, all the teeny-boppers will love that. They basically threw us out of the room. They said, "This kid is a fad. He's not going to last." I said at the meeting: "This kid might outlive RIM." Everyone laughed.
And now, just a few years later, some doofus blogger in Minnesota is the last BlackBerry user.
• Seriously, please just die already so I can get on Tinder.
• Having been to Town Hall Tap approximately 1,000 times in the last month, I can vouch for this.
• Netflix recommendation: "Somm" is a documentary about people trying to become expert-level sommeliers and it's about a million times better than it sounds.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Dave Chappelle and Tall Paul"
- "Lady fat nod"
- "Eliza Coupe lookalike pornstar"
- "Reason for Scott Diamond's decline"
- "Aaron Gleeman girlfriend"
- "Joe Mauer girlfriend"
- "Twins my brain shut down"
- "How does a person become a blogger?"
- "Minnesota Twins blog sites"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Backseat Freestyle" by Kendrick Lamar:
Interested in sponsoring a week of AG.com and advertising your product, service, local business, or website directly to thousands of readers each day? Click here for details.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included the Twins signing Ricky Nolasco and Phil Hughes for a combined $73 million, a possible A.J. Pierzynski reunion, what the rotation might look like in 2016, how to have a successful first date, rooting against Mike Pelfrey's return, recapping Thanksgiving, secondary stats versus ERA, ranking the best brunch options, mailbag questions from listeners, wearing cardigan sweaters, and crying at Stella's.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included what the early free agent pitching signings mean for the Twins, protecting prospects from the Rule 5 draft, puking in cabs, weird Duke Welker moves, finding the Jewish guy anywhere, the Tigers trading away Prince Fielder, getting married for $100,000, bachelor parties, Kris Johnson's upside, and beauty of constructive criticism, and f-bomb aftermath.