Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Sam Deduno being on thin ice, pitching prospects Alex Meyer and Trevor May being almost ready, the Twins sending mixed messages about now vs. later, Josmil Pinto's demotion, weird phobias, Trevor Plouffe and Aaron Hicks getting hurt, the end of the line with Jason Kubel, Vance Worley rising from the ashes in Pittsburgh, and how to become a cat person in one week.
• Related note: My mentor Dana Wessel is a huge soccer fan--to the point of madness, really--so you should follow him on Twitter during the World Cup. (And also just because he's very funny.)
• Congratulations to my cousin and Hopkins high school pitcher/infielder Josh Gallop for being named to the Academic All-State baseball team. He's also easily the least annoying person in my immediate family, although the competition there is admittedly far less steep.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Kevin Slowey engaged"
- "Curtis Granderson boxers or briefs?"
- "Joe Mauer batting average"
- "Drug known as Kubel"
- "What did Aaron Gleeman die from?"
- "What happened to Scott Erickson?"
- "Bobby Womack baseball"
- "What did the Twins get Derek Jeter?"
- "Drew Butera personal catcher"
- "Anna Kendrick socks"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Beautiful" by Miguel and Mariah Carey:
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Kendrys Morales signing, Josmil Pinto's future being in flux, John Bonnes' amazing dance moves at the KFAN party, Jason Kubel being let go, Nick Gordon and the Twins' draft picks, when to cut bait on Kevin Correia, trolling the Joe Mauer waters, wedding dock collapses, mailbag questions from listeners, and when not to get married for money.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Phil Hughes' impressive first two months, beating the new-look Yankees, why Jason Kubel is stealing at-bats from Josmil Pinto, Oswaldo Arcia and Josh Willingham returning, Aaron Hicks giving up switch-hitting, Jon Jay trade rumors, technical difficulties, Joe Mauer's struggles, and Ben Revere's shocking home run.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Oswaldo Arcia and Josh Willingham being ready to return, what the Twins will do with the No. 5 pick in the draft, how much time Aaron Hicks has left to show something, Alex Meyer and Trevor May doing well at Triple-A, biting someone's ear off, Glen Perkins' underrated excellence, Pat Neshek bouncing back in St. Louis, back-to-back Tinder dates, not having good stories any longer, and scouting college and high school players with special guest Jeremy Nygaard.