• We're broadcasting next week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode live from the KFAN booth at the State Fair from 4-6 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Come sit in the bleachers and stare at us. And also bring me some Sweet Martha's Cookies.
• A hearty congratulations to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for getting married. Now they can finally have sex.
• After two decades of awful teams Royals manager Ned Yost shamed fans for low attendance, so Kansas City Star columnist Sam Mellingerdestroyed him. And then my HardballTalk colleague Joe Posnanski explained why attendance shaming is so misguided.
• Better late than never: "Gleeman and The Geek" producer Kate Butler just sent me this video of Brandon Broxey, Dana Wessel, Parker Hageman, Holly Manthei, and others "dancing" at my house party last year. I've since moved, thankfully.
• I always enjoy when Alicia Tobinis a guest on "Stop Podcasting Yourself" with Graham Clark and Dave Shumka.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "David Kahn baseball"
- "John Bonnes on KFAN"
- "How fast can Oswaldo Arcia swing?"
- "Wessel pornstar"
- "Scott Ullger horrible"
- "Has Angelina Jolie ever been to Minnesota?"
- "Actor who looks like Eduardo Escobar"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Am I Wrong" by Nico and Vinz:
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Terry Ryan all but saying Ron Gardenhire will be back in 2015, broadcasting live from the Twins Daily light rail pub crawl with various special guests, and discussing things we want to see in September including Joe Mauer, Danny Santana, Aaron Hicks, Phil Hughes, Brian Dozier, Ricky Nolasco, Kyle Gibson, Alex Meyer, Trevor May, and Josmil Pinto.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included trading Josh Willingham to the Royals, Byron Buxton's incredibly scary injury, what to expect from Ricky Nolasco, where Danny Santana should be playing defensively, what to make of Oswaldo Arcia through one full season, appreciating Phil Hughes' excellence, the launch of Vikings Journal, and whether or not to freak out about hair in your food.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Kevin Correia's long-awaited departure, Trevor May's shaky arrival, upside vs. known quantities, Joe Mauer's impending return, Francisco Liriano and Vance Worley thriving together, playing Danny Santana at shortstop, the good and bad of Twitter, penthouse plans, and car-buying 101.
You can give Uber a try for free and help Aaron get driven around Uptown by using the promo code "UberGleeman" when you sign up. It's quick, painless, and efficient, so go for a free ride and check it out.