Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included the Twins clawing their way above .500 after a brutal start, Ricky Nolasco's return and Tommy Milone's departure, Ron Gardenhire looking for a job and the White Sox possibly having an opening, good Mike Pelfrey going away quickly, Byron Buxton catching fire at Double-A, and what to do with Tim Stauffer and Lester Oliveros.
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included returning to the radio on KFAN, Trevor May's promising start, Joe Mauer's changed approach, Torii Hunter and Trevor Plouffe playing at extremes, Byron Buxton's timetable, Danny Santana turning back into a pumpkin, small crowds at Target Field, what to hope for with Ricky Nolasco, bumper music choices, and mailbag questions from listeners.
• We're broadcasting next week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode live from the KFAN booth at the State Fair from 4-6 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Come sit in the bleachers and stare at us. And also bring me some Sweet Martha's Cookies.
• A hearty congratulations to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for getting married. Now they can finally have sex.
• After two decades of awful teams Royals manager Ned Yost shamed fans for low attendance, so Kansas City Star columnist Sam Mellingerdestroyed him. And then my HardballTalk colleague Joe Posnanski explained why attendance shaming is so misguided.
• Better late than never: "Gleeman and The Geek" producer Kate Butler just sent me this video of Brandon Broxey, Dana Wessel, Parker Hageman, Holly Manthei, and others "dancing" at my house party last year. I've since moved, thankfully.
• I always enjoy when Alicia Tobinis a guest on "Stop Podcasting Yourself" with Graham Clark and Dave Shumka.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "David Kahn baseball"
- "John Bonnes on KFAN"
- "How fast can Oswaldo Arcia swing?"
- "Wessel pornstar"
- "Scott Ullger horrible"
- "Has Angelina Jolie ever been to Minnesota?"
- "Actor who looks like Eduardo Escobar"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Am I Wrong" by Nico and Vinz:
Topics for this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included Terry Ryan all but saying Ron Gardenhire will be back in 2015, broadcasting live from the Twins Daily light rail pub crawl with various special guests, and discussing things we want to see in September including Joe Mauer, Danny Santana, Aaron Hicks, Phil Hughes, Brian Dozier, Ricky Nolasco, Kyle Gibson, Alex Meyer, Trevor May, and Josmil Pinto.
You can give Uber a try for free and help Aaron get driven around Uptown by using the promo code "UberGleeman" when you sign up. It's quick, painless, and efficient, so go for a free ride and check it out.