Topics for this week's episode of Gleeman and The Geek included dumping Danny Valencia, bringing back Tsuyoshi Nishioka, what the trade deadline inactivity means, what can be done about the Twins' medical staff, John Bonnes' new motorcycle, Alex Wimmers' elbow surgery, and an on-site report about Miguel Sano, Eddie Rosario, and the prospect-laden Beloit team from special guest Seth Stohs. Oh, and Beyonce.
Topics for this week's episode of Gleeman and The Geek included the Francisco Liriano trade, breaking down the White Sox's prospects and the Twins' reasoning for the deal, getting sad with Otis Redding, welcoming back Danny Valencia, looking ahead to potential other moves before the deadline, marveling at Lew Ford, updating Alex Wimmers' health, and me doing a solo segment with the help of Twitter after John Bonnes abandoned our listeners.
• I'm pretty convinced that it will rank somewhere between incredibly embarrassing and utterly humiliating, but at Paul Allen's urging and in the name of good radio "Girls Gone Gleeman" is a dating game-style show that's going to happen on KFAN live from the state fair next month. I'll pass along full details later, but in the meantime you can listen to us brainstorming on the air yesterday (mixed in with a bunch of Twins talk during an hour-long segment).
• Based on this St. Paul Pioneer Pressheadline for Ben Goessling's article, the Twins now have the same problem that's plagued bloggers.
• Movie recommendation: The Prestige, which is the film Christopher Nolan directed in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. It somehow flew under my radar until now, but has a few of the usual Nolan favorites in an interesting story and is well worth a $1.99 rental on Amazon.
• Every day hundreds of people arrive at AG.com via search engine queries and most of them are Googling stuff like "Gleeman" or "Twins blog." I'm also amused by the weird and seemingly random searches that lead people here, so here are some of my favorites from this week:
- "Chuck Knoblauch fat"
- "Dick Bremer hates Kevin Slowey"
- "B.J. Hermsen salary"
- "Rene Tosoni salary"
- "Dana Wessel hair"
- "Kate Bilo age"
- "Evan Longoria dating Kate Upton"
- "Why does Matt Capps suck so badly"
- "Is eating a pound of carrots really zero points"
- "How many children does Brett Myers have"
- "Sasha Gray blog"
- "Patrick Reusse diet"
- "Jay-Z is not left-handed"
- "Kathy Kepler ballet"
- "Is a .199 batting average good"
- "Jenna Fischer covered post-it notes"
And then there were like 500 variations of "how to lose 150 pounds."
Topics for this week's episode of Gleeman and The Geek included Francisco Liriano's constantly fluctuating trade value, whether Denard Span will also be on the move before July 31, why I can't make friends, John Bonnes' mid-life crisis, Scott Diamond's return to earth, Matt Capps joining Carl Pavano on the disabled list, reviewing The Dark Knight Rises, Aaron Hicks' recent bounceback, and mailbag questions from listeners via Twitter.
Topics for this week's episode of Gleeman and The Geek included once again rooting for the worst team in the league, why Francisco Liriano is like religion, what defines an "A" or "B" prospect in trade talks, how passing on Mark Appel makes even more sense now, celebrating our 50th episode, Matt Capps' return, Carl Pavano's non-return, my refined drinking habits, and a whole bunch of mailbag questions from listeners via Twitter.
If you want to play poker for money we recommend visiting this site or bankrollboost.com. Both websites offer players detailed reviews in multiple languages as well as strategy articles to improve your game.