June 6, 2014
• Steve Neuman broke down the amazing "Uptown living" video like only Randball's Stu can, although honestly I aspire to be a dollar-store Ryan Gosling. Or even a dime-store Ryan Gosling.
• Joe Posnanski writing about FSN's ridiculous Derek Jeter "scouting report" is one of the best things I've read this year.
• I loved Dirk Hayhurst's essay/rant about the silliness of baseball's so-called "unwritten rules."
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode we talked a lot about Phil Hughes, Josmil Pinto, Jason Kubel, and Aaron Hicks, plus I outed John Bonnes for having a weird fetish.
• Parker Hageman's podcast co-host (and friend of AG.com) Dan Anderson got much-deserved internet fame this week when his wedding party decided to do their photo shoot on a dock:
I'm sure he'll give a detailed breakdown of the incident on the next "No Juice Podcast" episode.
• Maureen O'Connor of New York Magazine writing about being shipped to California to date tech guys is fascinating and funny and sad all at the same time.
• Headline of the week/weak: "Diet and exercise may help maintain weight loss."
• Old friend Joe Nathan isn't doing so well in Detroit.
• Old friend Johan Santana is back in the majors, sort of.
• I really enjoyed Rob Neyer's article/oral history about the St. Louis Cardinals' great 2009 draft.
• I am apparently a Princess/Hedonist, which sounds about right.
• Baseball press boxes can be a dangerous place, as former Twins beat reporter Mark Sheldon learned all too well thanks to Pablo Sandoval.
• Brian Dozier can solve a Rubik's Cube in two minutes:
And he has great hair.
• On a related note, the comments on this are amazing.
• I met a lot of people like this in the past few days.
• Apparently the Twins are moving their Double-A team from New Britain to Hartford.
• I'm still sad that Rye Deli in Uptown closed, but at least a potentially interesting restaurant is opening soon in its old spot.
• I'm on Instagram now, posting mostly really dumb pictures.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Minnesota Twins trade rumors"
- "Maximum amount of fresh garlic to be consumed"
- "When will Byron Buxton be healthy?"
- "How much money do the Twins make?"
- "Glen Perkins he's our closer"
- "Is Keith Law baseball Jewish?"
- "How much is Kevin Correia paid?"
- "Aaron Gleeman possum"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Gun" by Chvrches:
This week's blog content is sponsored by R.F. Moeller Jeweler's repair department, which is recognized as the premier jewelry repair facility in the Twin Cities. Please support them for supporting AG.com.