January 6, 2012
• Much to the delight of The Wire fans, Omar Little got arrested in Baltimore last week.
• Simon Konecki may not know it yet, but someday he'll be the subject of a No. 1 album.
• Adrian Peterson didn't let career-altering knee surgery ruin his New Year's Eve celebration.
• Howard Stern used Twitter to drunk dial a bunch of his fans on New Year's Eve.
• Having two kids cost Jessica Alba the Official Fantasy Girl of AG.com title, but she's staging a helluva comeback.
• This week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode featured me chasing scotch with beer, pitching an idea for a podcast recording my blind dates, and ultimately concluding that "this podcast is completely off the rails." Oh, and we talked Twins too.
• I turned on the Nuggets-Kings game Wednesday to see rookie Kenneth Faried get garbage time action and this immediately happened:
And then moments later he did this too.
• Alex Rodriguez, nerd or hipster? You decide!
• Brandon Warne's lengthy chat with Twins hitting coach Joe Vavra is well worth reading.
• Aaron Rupar of City Pages raised an intriguing question in relation to the start of my age-29 season: Prime age for baseball players is typically around 26-30, but what's the prime age for bloggers? In terms of producing content I'd say prime blogging age is 20-24, but in terms of producing good content it's probably closer to 24-28. Either way, I'm over the hill.
• I'd watch a lot more soccer if all the goals were like this one.
• I never watch hockey, but I've never missed a second of HBO's great 24/7 series on the NHL.
• Old friend Carlos Silva has found a new home after making $48 million to throw 297 innings with a 5.82 ERA since leaving the Twins.
• I know I said not to get me anything for my birthday, but I'm still kind of disappointed that no one got me Lizzy Caplan. Maybe next year.
• Brad Miller hasn't played for the Timberwolves yet because of microfracture knee surgery, but he's already had a significant impact on the team.
• As you'd expect, Charles Barkley is even better when he thinks the microphones are off:
Something tells me TNT won't exactly be thrilled with Kevin Harlan either.
• Because of her divorce Zooey Deschanel's finances went public and I'm kind of surprised she doesn't have more money. Her eyes alone should be worth at least $1 million per month.
• Aimee Teagarden has maintained her adorability since Friday Night Lights ended.
• I picked against the spread for every NFL game this season and my final tally was 129-119-8 overall, but only 69-69-4 on my favorite picks each week. That may not look bad, but if you bet $100 per game going 129-119-8 would equal a $190 loss with the vig. Gambling is hard, kids.
• In case you were wondering, this is what a 29-year-old adult eats for lunch on his birthday.
• Friend of AG.com Lindsay Guentzel is auditioning to be this season's MLB Fan Cave resident and could use your help to win the contest.