August 15, 2014
• From the same doofuses who brought you Twins Daily comes a new Minnesota sports website on which you can kill countless hours while at work: Vikings Journal.
• Shocked and appalled that Gleeman-Bonnes didn't make the New York Times' extensive "Twitter power couples" list.
• Twins fans know all too well that there's no such thing as "just a concussion," but based on how ugly his outfield collision looked Wednesday things could've been much worse for Byron Buxton.
• I like to imagine Idris Elba staying awake all night agonizing over whether to correct this story.
• Adam Dunn vs. Dee Gordon vs. Koji Uehara vs. Bartolo Colon in the silliest league ever.
• Kate Upton is the new Elaine Benes, apparently.
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode we broke down Kevin Correia's departure and Trevor May's arrival, plus how to properly buy a car and why everyone should own a penthouse.
• Actually, forget the silly penthouse apartment. I want to buy this insane house in St. Cloud:
There was a shorter, more polished version of that video, but it's been taken off YouTube and, honestly, the world should see the full 12 minutes of pure magic.
• Hard-hitting journalism: "We asked Gassen the question Lindsay Guentzel was afraid to know the answer to."
• Joe Nathan got booed at home in Detroit by Tigers fans and made a chin-flick gesture at them, so he apologized.
• Did the Twins accomplish anything by purging a bunch of veterans from the roster around the trade deadline?
• Yoenis Cespedes: Badass.
• I move from Hopkins to Uptown and now Hopkins is a "hipster haven"? Puh-leeze.
• My uncle and cousin were again the subjects of a lengthy article in the Minnetonka Sun Sailor, which may have simply decided to cover stuff that's sure to be linked here at this point.
• I don't really have any interest in seeing the new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie, but I did enjoy this pug-starring remake:
Great special effects.
• Next month Target Field is hosting a "Light the Night Walk" charity event to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you're interested in making a donation, consider sponsoring my friends on Team Minnie Mouse.
• Phil Hanley was a good guest on what remains my favorite podcast, "Stop Podcasting Yourself" with Graham Clark and Dave Shumka.
• Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew are both basically the worst now, but lately I've been going to sleep listening to old "Loveline" episodes and it makes me happy.
• One of my favorite stand-up comedians, Jen Kirkman, is coming to Acme Comedy Company in Minneapolis next month and everyone should get tickets.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Todd Milone trade"
- "Tom Milone trade"
- "Jon Taffer hair transplant"
- "Terrible comedy podcasts"
- "Guide to podcasts"
- "Matthew LeCroy salary"
- "Lean Cuisine success"
- "Lew Ford married?"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Collide" by Howie Day:
This week's blog content is sponsored by Uber, which is offering a free ride to first-time users who sign up with the promo code "UberGleeman."