November 21, 2014
• Nora Purmort and Aaron Purmort are sort of the official couple of Twin Cities Twitter. They are beloved, both online and in person, and their young son Ralphie Purmort is an Instagram superstar because he's basically the cutest kid of all time. Aaron was diagnosed with a brain tumor shortly after they got married and Nora has been writing honestly, openly, and humorously about their life together in a way that is truly inspiring.
Now they need your help. Aaron's condition has worsened to the point that treatment has stopped working and he's entered into hospice care at home. He's dying. At the urging of her sister Nora has set up an online fundraiser via which people can donate money to help a great family in need. So go read the archives of Nora's blog, My Husband's Tumor, which is well-written and sad and touching and funny. And then go donate whatever you can to help them. Please.
• Friend of AG.com Maggie LaMaack interviewed Aaron Purmort, who said: "I think I am the first person on LOL/OMG to be interviewed on his death bed."
• Great headline, with an even better mugshot: "Drunken bicyclist arrested at Taco Bell drive-through after tussle with cops."
• For just $60 (and a flight to Oregon) you can get an hour-long cuddling session that includes "hair strokes, hand-holding, and a plethora of different cuddle positions."
• "The Voice" contacted Jason Isbell about auditioning for their show, which is like if a Triple-A team contacted Mike Trout to see if he wanted to try out as a shortstop.
• Helluva legal system when admitting to regularly ejaculating into a co-worker's coffee doesn't result in a clear, immediate means for punishment.
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode we examined the Twins' options for finding an outfielder in free agency and reviewed Fritos Chili pizza.
• On a related note, this is either performance art of the person who cut it is insane.
• Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon set the college record with 408 rushing yards and did so in just three quarters against Nebraska, but more importantly he got a Tecmo Bowl reenactment:
I miss Tecmo Bowl in my life.
• As a new "Scandal" watcher I hope they cast Rihanna in a guest role and she dates Joshua Malina's character.
• There are seven arbitration-eligible players on the Twins' roster and December 2 is the deadline to tender them contracts for 2015, so I tried to figure out what they should do with each one.
• Baseball America released its annual list of the Twins' top 10 prospects, with the same top five as last year in a slightly different order.
• An example of why Parker Hageman of Twins Daily is so good: He breaks down potential Twins target Justin Masterson using stats, scouting, quotes, and video.
• Mike Wise is the latest old white dude to make me sad about eventually becoming one myself.
• Marilyn Manson is doing a concert at Mystic Lake casino in February. Imagine that crowd.
• Chelsea Peretti's new stand-up special "One of the Greats" is on Netflix and it's predictably fantastic, with lots of funny/weird Easter Egg-type stuff thrown in.
• One of my favorite comedians, John Mulaney, was a good guest on "WTF" with Marc Maron.
• Restaurant recommendation: Black Sheep Pizza in North Loop lived up to the considerable hype.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Highland Park robbery video"
- "Baseball movie with Gilbert Gottfried"
- "Eddie Guardado speaks Spanish"
- "Snoop Dogg jet"
- "Drew Butera girlfriend"
- "Chelsea Peretti dating Denzel Washington"
- "Torii Hunter not such a great guy"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is Isbell doing a live version of "Cover Me Up" on November 18:
This week's blog content is sponsored by Uber, which is offering a free ride to first-time users who sign up with the promo code "UberGleeman."
I hope they reach terms with Yang. My daughter is both a budding baseball fan and a proud (half) Korean, this would be perfect.
Comment by twm — November 22, 2014 @ 11:08 am
I feel like the vague thoughts that I couldn’t express have come to light. Thank you for organizing the ideas that were mixed up in an ugly way. 메이저놀이터
Comment by totoguy — October 31, 2022 @ 9:22 pm
Thank you for your insight into the fantastic post. I’m excited about taking the time to see this. That is not enough; I will visit your site every day. 먹튀검증사이트
Comment by totoright — October 31, 2022 @ 9:23 pm
Thank you for your post, I’ve been looking for such an article for a long time and finally found it today. This post gives me a lot of advice. It is very useful to me. All right, I like it. 먹튀검증사이트
Comment by totoforce — November 1, 2022 @ 8:04 pm
Very good post, I definitely love this website, keep it up. I was really touched. I’d like to hear your opinion on my site. Please come to my website and leave a comment. Thank you. 먹튀검증사이트
Comment by majornoriter — November 1, 2022 @ 8:04 pm
The content is so positive, I feel that my heart is warming every moment I read it. Even if you read the article about 토토사이트 twice or three times, it’s not a waste of time at all.
Comment by TOTOMARGIN — January 12, 2023 @ 9:59 pm