May 16, 2014
• Being able to "mute" people you choose to follow on Twitter is the most Minnesota thing ever.
• What's with the New York Times being obsessed with Uptown? And will Randball's Stu write a parody article about this one too?
• It's reassuring to know that Jay Z joins me on Team Rihanna.
• Also, if Rihanna and Drake can't make it work what chance do the rest of us have?
• Aaron Rodgers is apparently dating Olivia Munn, which sounds fun except he probably has to watch "The Newsroom" in a non-hate watch way.
• Jon Hamm is playing in the celebrity softball game at Target Field during the All-Star break so that he can see what a real man like Jim Thome looks like in person.
• I have a couple openings in my "Hardball Dynasty" league on WhatIfSports and the new season begins next week. If you're interested in joining, please read this first.
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode we discussed the whole Apple/MLB ruckus that got us kicked off iTunes and how we ended up on Keith Olbermann's television show.
• Drew Butera took the mound for the Dodgers and, just like he once did for the Twins, looked like a really good pitcher:
I seriously think Butera should become a catcher/pitcher, ala Brooks Kieschnick. Why not?
• Mike Redmond's preference for nude batting practice is always a great story, but especially when it's being told by Vin Scully.
• Ben Revere's honeymoon in Philadelphia appears to be over. Great smile, though.
• "Gleeman and The Geek" producer Kate Butler sent me this article literally while she was running our live radio show, so you know it's extremely important.
• I wanna sit around and listen to Richie Havens with Joe Maddon.
• Malik Bendjelloul, who directed the Oscar-winning documentary "Searching for Sugar Man" about Sixto Rodriguez, committed suicide at age 36.
• Matt Williams and Kirk Gibson are the cutest:
Also worth noting: Gibson cheated.
• It sounds like the Twins have been unhappy with Aaron Hicks for a while and now they're telling the media about it.
• Oswaldo Arcia is finally healthy, so naturally the Twins demoted him to Triple-A.
• I found this at my mom's house on Mother's Day, so for any parents out there with a sense of humor ... be careful what you wish for.
• On a related note, this is the best, most fitting picture of me and my mom that I could possibly ever find.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "J.J. Hardy syphilis"
- "First base baseball"
- "Why pou got back to baby size"
- "Kent Hrbek net worth"
- "Leroy Hoard wife"
- "Do feet change shape with weight loss?"
- "Chris Colabello the real deal"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Empty" by Ray LaMontagne:
This week's blog content is sponsored by R.F. Moeller Jeweler's repair department, which is recognized as the premier jewelry repair facility in the Twin Cities. Please support them for supporting AG.com.