May 2, 2014
• Randball's Stu is writing under the silly, made up-looking pen name Steve Neuman now and did an excellent piece for MinnPost.
• Maggie LaMaack interviewed one of my all-time favorite people, Dana Wessel, who showed exactly why he's the best online and in person.
• As someone who thinks closers are tremendously overrated Joe Posnanski's piece on the timelessness of ninth-inning leads was an interesting one.
• Evil genius Dave DeWit made an R&B version of the "Gleeman and The Geek" theme song.
• Old friend Mike Redmond might be up to some interesting tricks in Miami.
• This week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode will be our last time on KFAN for a while because of the Wild's playoff run.
• My first and probably last appearance on a red carpet was captured by the photographer at the City Pages party, although he lied to me about my shoes not being featured in the picture:
Shockingly, they didn't choose me as one of the best-dressed people at the party.
• Sure, plenty of professional athletes live crazy lifestyles, but Denard Span is out of control.
• Having had a major crush on Jhene Aiko for a while now I'm happy to see her receive some much-deserved national attention.
• I'm thinking about asking Glen Perkins if he wants to help me get dates this same way.
• Speaking of which, friend of AG.com Lindsay Guentzel has a show called "Beyond Baseball" and the latest episode features an interview with Perkins. You should watch it. Twice, maybe.
• People say I write and tweet about a lot of dumb stuff lately, but this is from three years ago.
• Kevin Frandsen made an incredible/weird/lucky non-catch and then referenced Smalls from "The Sandlot."
• Thrillist ranked the top eight macaroni and cheese dishes in Minneapolis and I've eaten five of them within the past month.
• Astros right-hander Jerome Williams playing catch and goofing around with a young fan before a game in Seattle made me smile:
Five minutes of Williams' time becomes a lifetime of telling that story for the kid.
• Blurred name Gchat is back, with big plans for my ACL surgery rehab.
• Amanda Brooke Perrin was a great guest on "Stop Podcasting Yourself" with Dave Shumka and Graham Clark, which continues to be my favorite podcast.
• New restaurant recommendation: Heyday on 27th and Lyndale. Great, interesting food with a fun vibe and extremely nice people, plus a quality bar too. Definitely worth checking out.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Kate Upton in Minnesota"
- "Odds of having Twins after 36"
- "Anthony LaPanta salary"
- "Paul Allen dance video KFAN"
- "Old programs on TLC with Parker Hageman"
- "Marc Gasol shirtless"
- "First base in baseball"
- "What can you buy with 150 pounds?"
- "Aaron Gleeman walk-up song"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Regulate" by Warren G and Nate Dogg, which blew my 11-year-old mind when it came out 20 years ago this week and still holds up: