April 25, 2014
• Chris Colabello hitting a home run while his mom and dad were being interviewed on FOX Sports North was spectacular television:
Baseball can be a helluva thing sometimes.
• George Clooney and Steve Wynn got into a fight at dinner and it's hilarious to me that there's an entire newspaper report devoted to recapping what happened.
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode Parker Hageman filled in as co-host even though our producer, Kate Butler, was vehemently against his being involved with the show.
• Speaking of which, Hageman has a new podcast of his own called "The No Juice Podcast."
• Drake sat courtside at a Raptors playoff game in Toronto and took out a lint roller to clean his pants in the middle of a play:
You can laugh if you want, but he goes home to Rihanna.
• Tyler Mason of FOX Sports North wrote a good article talking to various Twins players about their opinions of sabermetrics.
• Wanna buy Brad Radke's house for $6.8 million?
• You can listen to my half-hour chat with Paul Allen from earlier this week on KFAN.
• I mean, sure, Mike Pelfrey is 5-15 with a 5.43 ERA in 33 starts for the Twins, but this makes giving him a two-year contract worth it.
• Combining a comedy club and a taproom seems like a pretty great idea.
• John Mayer covered "XO" by Beyonce and of course I loved it:
This is probably considered blasphemy, but I officially like Mayer covering Beyonce more than I like Beyonce.
• This is where I've chosen to live.
• I've been using Uber a lot and it's very easy/pleasant compared to cabs. If you use my promo code you get $20 off your first ride. If you've been thinking of trying it anyway, why not do it.
• Check out The Balgaard Brothers' new album because it's good music and also one of them has a daughter who's among my favorite people.
• There's a new restaurant opening in my neighborhood called Heyday and after looking at these pictures I'm excited to be trying it this weekend.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "When will Byron Buxton be called up?"
- "Byron Buxton long-term extension"
- "Byron Buxton pitching"
- "Minnesota Twins dating site"
- "How to write the DH into the lineup card"
- "Kevin Love naked"
- "Is Trevor Plouffe for real?"
- "Justin Morneau on the Pohlads"
- "How did Meatsauce lose weight?"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Right Above It" by Drake and Lil Wayne:
This week's blog content is sponsored by Fan HQ at Ridgedale Mall, which will be hosting an autograph and meet-and-greet session with former Twins closer Joe Nathan on April 26. Please support them for supporting AG.com.