August 12, 2011
This week's Link-O-Rama is sponsored by Wholesale Gold and Diamond Distributors in Minneapolis, so please help support AG.com by considering them for your jewelry needs ...
• I have so many questions about this photo that I don't even know where to start.
• You had me at "McNulty."
• Good news for people who like funny things on the television: FX renewed "Louie" for a third season and picked up "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" for two more seasons.
• And if you haven't seen it the "Louie" scene between Louis C.K. and Dane Cook is amazing.
• Brett Favre thinks Fedor Emelianenko is sticking around too long.
• On a related note, UFC president Dana White revealed that Emelianenko once turned down a huge multi-fight offer to join the UFC and debut against Brock Lesnar.
• Dirty pictures of Bar Refaeli. Literally.
• Not only did 1500-ESPN dump Colin Cowherd, his replacement is Judd Zulgad, who's leaving the Minneapolis Star Tribune to host his own show and be a columnist for the station's website. Congratulations to one of the nicest, best, and hardest-working media members in Minnesota.
• Oh, and if you want his old gig the Star Tribune has a "help wanted" listing.
• Bryce Harper freaked out on an umpire after being ejected from a Double-A game.
• I'm guessing this is the best anyone has ever looked going through airport security.
• It must have been her "nice smile and personality" that snagged Derek Jeter.
• Best use of Win Probability Added ever? David Cameron versus leukemia.
• Sentence of the week: "His marketing agent said Dennis Rodman is spending $60,000 to fly in Penny Marshall, Howard Stern, and other friends."
• A video tribute to one of the most essentially non-essential characters in television history:
It's still not too late for Bob Sacamano spin-off show.
• Sarah Silverman to Deadspin: "Eat a dick."
• Some pretty compelling evidence that George Clooney is a genius.
• Being a baseball reporter is apparently more dangerous than it sounds, which is why it's far safer to stay in your parents' basement.
• SoccerTalk, anyone?
• They should be solid lead-ins for my cooking show.
• LaVelle E. Neal III and Al Newman were finally spotted in the same place at the same time.
• Confession: I'm a 28-year-old man and one night this week I watched "WWE: Greatest Cage Matches Of All Time" on Netflix instant.
• Lenny Dykstra looks good in orange.
• Just a couple 51-year-old former big leaguers brawling in a game managed by Jose Canseco.
• What were the biggest tactical mistakes that Stringer Bell made? I'm glad you asked.
• Podcast recommendation: Erin Gibson is hilarious on Twitter, so it's no surprise that she was an excellent guest on "Totally Laime" with Elizabeth Laime.
• I haven't posted a Fat-O-Meter update in quite a while and am feeling pretty good about my progress, so: I'm down 90 pounds since March 1. No real secrets, other than being very fat to begin with helps a lot. My initial goal was to have lost more pounds than Twins victories by the end of the season, but even if they finish the year on a 45-0 run I'm pretty safe.
• Speaking of which, Mila Kunis should write a dieting book. I'd buy it just for the pictures.
• If you like fiction and baseball, check out friend of AG.com Axel Kohagen's online novel.
• Reminder: If you're interested in advertising your product, service, local business, or website please consider helping to support AG.com by becoming a sponsor of the week.
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is Delta Spirit singing a live version of "Devil Knows You're Dead":
It was really cool of Dane Cook to do that with CK. The blurred lines of theater and reality in that scene made it so compelling. They were leaking out some true feelings there while doing essentially a skit.
It goes to show that at this point, anyone in comedy should be taking Louis’s calls immediately and doing what he asks. CK is at the center of credibility/respect in the comedic world right now. Dane Cook made a very wise move here.
Comment by TMW — August 12, 2011 @ 10:50 am
The picture of Newmie and maybe Len3 is not proof positive. The conspiracy lives on and the truth is out there!
Comment by Mike — August 12, 2011 @ 12:51 pm
I am 36 years old, and I just added “WWE: Greatest Cage Matches Of All Time” to my cache.
Comment by Game — August 12, 2011 @ 1:17 pm
so the Twins figure out that they’re not a contending team two weeks after everyone else….
Comment by Steve J — August 12, 2011 @ 4:26 pm
Wow Friday night’s game was ugly. The look on Slowey and Duensing’s smirking faces was priceless as they watched a pissed-off Pavano spiking the baseball when Nishi didn’t cover second and Pavano luckily covered first. Uh-oh, dad’s angry. It’s on mlb.com.
Another play: Nishi boots grounder that Pavano goes all-out to get, knowing he can’t trust him behind him. Then Pavano screams and punches his glove. Keep those two apart.
In one play: Nishi partially inhibits Revere, Revere drops makeable catch, Nishi makes off-target throw to second, Tolbert then makes lazy effort to tag runner who would’ve been out.
The fat lady may have sung on our no-chance to advance playoffs, but we in Minnesota like decent regular season baseball anyway.
Comment by brian — August 13, 2011 @ 1:27 pm