September 27, 2013
• This exact same thing happened to me on the Stearns County Party Bus back in June.
• Speaking of things that have happened to me, former Vikings receiver Nate Burleson crashed his car and broke his arm because he was distracted by pizza.
• I think I've finally found a religion that I can get behind.
• Sarah Silverman had pretty good mechanics throwing out the first pitch in Toronto and I hope MLB adopts those boots as part of the uniform.
• Al Michaels reminds everyone why he's the best and I'm definitely one of "his people."
• On this week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode we got free beer delivered to us as we talked, discussed all-time great butts, and complained about being hassled by the cops.
• My favorite movie of all-time hit theaters this week in 1995:
Someone worked very hard on that preview to make it look like a cookie-cutter movie.
• Luckily for me (and the Gophers) dropping out means I've still got some eligibility remaining.
• Having experienced No. 164 in person many times I honestly think it could out-draw the Twins.
• Last weekend's Jon Jones-Alex Gustafsson fight was one of the best in UFC history and the photo Gustafsson posted afterward was equally good.
• My birthday is three months away, so it's never too early to start shopping.
• "Blue Valentine" director Derek Cianfrance is in talks to direct a movie about ESPN, so there's a decent chance Ryan Gosling plays Chris Berman.
• I'm studying this to prep for Parker Hageman's wedding even though I haven't been invited.
• I didn't realize Dana Wessel is writing for How About We, but the John Mayer part is accurate.
• Speaking of which, I read this every week even though I don't understand any of it.
• Last month I linked to fake movie posters from "Seinfeld" and now there's a second batch.
• Who wore it better?
And be honest.
• Justin Morneau, his mustache, and his wife are headed to the playoffs with the Pirates.
• Carlos Gomez hit his 23rd homer of the season Wednesday and then all hell broke loose.
• This is how I felt while witnessing a Target Field wedding proposal at Wednesday night's game.
• And then Thursday night I was there to see Dick Bremer smooch Bert Blyleven on Kiss Cam.
• If the goal was to get a bunch of people to never buy your pasta again ... mission accomplished.
• I'd really love to see Mariano Rivera play center field this weekend.
• I stumbled across this 2007 photo of me at Busch Stadium and it really captures my essence.
• I'm more offended by her dating Ashton Kutcher, but Mila Kunis photobombing 81-year-old Steelers owner Dan Rooney isn't so great either.
• As always, I'm committed to posting any and all Lizzy Caplan videos:
Caplan also had a good chat with my favorite television writer, Alan Sepinwall.
• It's a flawed movie, but "Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey" tells the fascinating story of how Filipino cover band singer Arnel Pineda became the new front man for Journey.
• I really enjoyed Jesse Thorn's lengthy chat with "The Office" co-creator Stephen Merchant.
• Probably the only thing better than Amy Poehler is Amy Poehler's laugh, both of which are on full display in a surprisingly dirty "Comedy Bang Bang" episode.
• Two great tastes that taste great together: Alison Agosti was a guest on Jonah Keri's podcast.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "What does concussion mean?"
- "How did Joe Meyer get a concussion?"
- "David Gray baseball"
- "David Simon baseball"
- "Andre Braugher weight gain"
- "Chelsea Peretti nude"
- "Proven closer t-shirt"
- "Gerald Laird hair"
- "Cory Cove food weird"
- "Lean Cuisine success stories"
• Finally, because I hadn't heard it in 15 years and still sang a flawless duet of it over the weekend this week's AG.com-approved music video is "Too Close" by Next:
Interested in sponsoring a week of AG.com and advertising your product, service, local business, or website directly to thousands of readers each day? Click here for details.
Great song. Best part about the video is one of the singers is wearing a Marbury Timberwolves jersey.
Comment by Dane — September 28, 2013 @ 12:56 pm