May 23, 2014
• Adam Platt wrote a lengthy Twin Cities Business Journal article about my podcast co-host John Bonnes and the rest of the Twins Daily crew. It's worth reading just for the photo shoot.
• Of course Brad Pitt tossed Matthew McConaughey a beer when he spotted him across a balcony in New Orleans.
• Dr. Seuss meets Ludacris is magical.
• Drew Butera is not afraid to absolutely destroy a little kid in a dodgeball game.
• I have a couple openings in my "Hardball Dynasty" league on WhatIfSports and the new season begins next week. If you're interested in joining, please read this first.
• This week's "Gleeman and The Geek" episode included lots of talk about the Twins calling out Aaron Hicks through the media and Brian Dozier turning into one of the league's best players.
• Kurt Suzuki's inside-the-park home run that wasn't actually an inside-the-park home run was lots of fun to watch:
Bert Blyleven's laugh afterward is priceless.
• Phil Hughes is looking like a very good investment so far.
• "How to Meet the Love of Your Life on Twitter in a Few Easy Steps" is one of the best/sweetest things I've ever read.
• Miguel Cabrera in Zubaz and a "Turn Down For What?" t-shirt is very enjoyable.
• Facebook's new "relationship button" seems like nothing but trouble and weirdness.
• Old friend Danny Valencia is now the Royals' starting third baseman.
• Old friend Francisco Liriano is struggling again. Sort of.
• Old friend Justin Morneau is a middle-of-the-order monster again, even away from Coors Field.
• I predict this kid will either go on to live the world's most miserable life or become president:
They should have taken him home, honestly.
• Maggie LaMaack is a spectacular dancer.
• Local pizza and beard aficionado Gigi Berry is now contributing to LOLOMG.
• What percentage of people have bitten off a co-worker's ear at work?
• I think I might have found me a good one.
• I've been branching out a little bit more lately, so I made some sweeping changes to the Uptown Bar Power Rankings.
• Some of this week's weird and random search engine queries that brought people here:
- "Aaron Gleeman Twitter"
- "Jared Burton fun facts"
- "Dan Gladden's daughter's wedding"
- "Joe Mauer as a baby"
- "Jim Thome nude"
- "Jon Rauch fastball speed"
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is "What's Your Fantasy" by Ludacris:
This week's blog content is sponsored by R.F. Moeller Jeweler's repair department, which is recognized as the premier jewelry repair facility in the Twin Cities. Please support them for supporting AG.com.