August 12, 2011
This week's Link-O-Rama is sponsored by Wholesale Gold and Diamond Distributors in Minneapolis, so please help support AG.com by considering them for your jewelry needs ...
• I have so many questions about this photo that I don't even know where to start.
• You had me at "McNulty."
• Good news for people who like funny things on the television: FX renewed "Louie" for a third season and picked up "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" for two more seasons.
• And if you haven't seen it the "Louie" scene between Louis C.K. and Dane Cook is amazing.
• Brett Favre thinks Fedor Emelianenko is sticking around too long.
• On a related note, UFC president Dana White revealed that Emelianenko once turned down a huge multi-fight offer to join the UFC and debut against Brock Lesnar.
• Dirty pictures of Bar Refaeli. Literally.
• Not only did 1500-ESPN dump Colin Cowherd, his replacement is Judd Zulgad, who's leaving the Minneapolis Star Tribune to host his own show and be a columnist for the station's website. Congratulations to one of the nicest, best, and hardest-working media members in Minnesota.
• Oh, and if you want his old gig the Star Tribune has a "help wanted" listing.
• Bryce Harper freaked out on an umpire after being ejected from a Double-A game.
• I'm guessing this is the best anyone has ever looked going through airport security.
• It must have been her "nice smile and personality" that snagged Derek Jeter.
• Best use of Win Probability Added ever? David Cameron versus leukemia.
• Sentence of the week: "His marketing agent said Dennis Rodman is spending $60,000 to fly in Penny Marshall, Howard Stern, and other friends."
• A video tribute to one of the most essentially non-essential characters in television history:
It's still not too late for Bob Sacamano spin-off show.
• Sarah Silverman to Deadspin: "Eat a dick."
• Some pretty compelling evidence that George Clooney is a genius.
• Being a baseball reporter is apparently more dangerous than it sounds, which is why it's far safer to stay in your parents' basement.
• SoccerTalk, anyone?
• They should be solid lead-ins for my cooking show.
• LaVelle E. Neal III and Al Newman were finally spotted in the same place at the same time.
• Confession: I'm a 28-year-old man and one night this week I watched "WWE: Greatest Cage Matches Of All Time" on Netflix instant.
• Lenny Dykstra looks good in orange.
• Just a couple 51-year-old former big leaguers brawling in a game managed by Jose Canseco.
• What were the biggest tactical mistakes that Stringer Bell made? I'm glad you asked.
• Podcast recommendation: Erin Gibson is hilarious on Twitter, so it's no surprise that she was an excellent guest on "Totally Laime" with Elizabeth Laime.
• I haven't posted a Fat-O-Meter update in quite a while and am feeling pretty good about my progress, so: I'm down 90 pounds since March 1. No real secrets, other than being very fat to begin with helps a lot. My initial goal was to have lost more pounds than Twins victories by the end of the season, but even if they finish the year on a 45-0 run I'm pretty safe.
• Speaking of which, Mila Kunis should write a dieting book. I'd buy it just for the pictures.
• If you like fiction and baseball, check out friend of AG.com Axel Kohagen's online novel.
• Reminder: If you're interested in advertising your product, service, local business, or website please consider helping to support AG.com by becoming a sponsor of the week.
• Finally, this week's AG.com-approved music video is Delta Spirit singing a live version of "Devil Knows You're Dead":